A few things to start considering:
– Design, feeding system (up/down or centre/out?), weight and drape of cloth?
– Cost of velvet/ fabric of choice. Need to think about sourcing funding.
To make a curtain? or to hire a curtain?
– Velvet lined with linen/cotton for ease of movement and added weight.
If we decide to make a curtain….
– E&M Greenfield (wholesale fabric)
– Anywhere between $10- $45 p/m (for cheaper/fake velvet. Real velvet is $$$)
– Width of fabric (usually about 150cm) – possibly need to order furnishings bolt (300cm wide)
– Gallery long wall 6.5m (so we are looking at no less than 21m of fabric to make a proscenium curtain).
· We would need to work with (or at least consult with) a professional stage curtain designer. It would be possible to do a simple proscenium curtain (including cotton inlay along running track), but if we want something with a little more aesthetically interesting and textual, possibly a contour curtain?
It looks complicated with the scalloped drapery at the top, but the only movement would involve the pleated curtain fabric hanging below either going side to side / up and down.